Here is a list of all readings that I feel that all writers and authors should read and learn from. The links are to buy the books on Amazon or the websites that the articles are found on. (I am not paid to promote Amazon in any way, shape, or form. I just think Amazon to be an apt source of cheap books.) Newer additions to the lists will be added to the bottom.
- 90 Days to Your Novel by Sarah Domet
- How to Write Science Fiction and Fantasy by Orson Scott Card
- Building Better Plots by Robert Kernen
- Writing Fantasy & Science Fiction: How to Create Out-of-this-World Novels and Short Stories by Orson Scott Card, Philip Athans, Jay Lake and the Editors of Writer’s Digest
- How to be a Writer: Building Your Creative Skills Through Practice and Play by Barbara Baig
- WRITE EVERY DAY!!!
- Keep an idea journal for story ideas and plots for when you are on the go.
- Keep a detailed travel journal for writing travel articles.
- Karen Ball Mini-Conference