I hope you all can forgive me for my year-long absence, but so much has happened and changed that I honestly could not keep up with the blog…until now. As you know, the last you heard from we was a few months before my wedding. Here’s what’s happened since then (and why I disappeared for a while…)
- I got married!!! Finally, after YEARS of dating/engagement, we finally tied the knot!
- I moved! With a new ring came a new house and a new area and a whole lot of boxes! You never really know how much stuff you have until you unpack it and try to find places for it all…and fail doing so. That being said, even now, my office/study is mainly used as a storage room. Sad, I know.
- My little sister had a double lung transplant! Some of you know that she has Cystic Fibrosis, a degenerative lung disease. She was put on the transplant list the week after my wedding and within two months, her doctors found the perfect match! She is doing well and has since recovered, but for those first couple months post op, she was my priority.
- You won’t believe this, but two months after my sister’s surgery, I had my own! It wasn’t anything bad or life-threatening. It was a run-of-the-mill cystectomy on my left ovary. Compared to my sister’s, it pales in comparison, but I was out of commission for a few weeks.
- During all of this, I finished my first year getting my Masters in Liberal Arts at Houston Baptist University! Nearly halfway done, and then I will get my Ph. D!
- Also during all of this, I landed a 40 hour job that doesn’t leave me much time to write during the day, but now that things are settling down, I can!
Again, sorry for being incognito for a long time! But now I’m back and will try my best to stay on top of the blog! (So long as no other things pop up!)
In this time, what have you been up to?
Until next time!